I am happy and honored to be one of the organizers of AMISE, the first workshop on academy meets industry in information system engineering. As a part of CAiSE’20, the workshop brings the opportunity for academics, researchers and practitioners, including vendors and developers to discuss their mutual collaboration challenges and lessons learned in the field of Information System Engineering.
The workshop is interested in (but not limited to) papers in the format of cases or lessons learned which facilitate discussions by covering the following research topics and questions in these areas.
- How the meeting emerged and evolved. What academy and industry expect from each other?
- Which benefits academy and industry have when they meet?
- Which difficulties, challenges academy and industry face when they meet?
- How vendors approach and how they benefit from the academy? What academy expects from vendors?
- How to minimize gaps existent between industry and academy, so that they are able to communicate and collaborate efficiently?
- How legal constraints hamper the meeting between industry and academy?
- How to motivate industry to open data repository to researchers?
- How can the academy and industry cooperate to help society to apply information systems?
- Abstract submission: 23 February 2020 (not mandatory)
- Paper submission: 1st March 2020
- Acceptance notification: 31 March 2020
- Camera Ready: 06 April 2020
Please check the complete submission guidelines on AMISE Website.