Upon the success of the First Workshop on Academy Meets Industry in Information System Engineering (AMISE 2020), I am excited to announce its second iteration, AMISE 2021, which will be held in Melbourne (Victoria, Australia), 28 June – 2 July 2021.
The Second Edition of AMISE brings again the opportunity for academics, researchers, and practitioners, including vendors and developers to discuss their mutual collaboration challenges, solutions, and lessons learned in the field of Information System Engineering.
What’s New in 2021
AMISE 2021 introduces the following awards, which will be announced during the workshop: Best Academic Paper Award and Best Industry Paper Award. The best academic and industry paper awards will be invited to submit an extended and revised version of the paper, aiming for its publication in the Revista de Informática Teórica e Aplicada (RITA).
Call for papers
The workshop is interested in (but not limited to) papers in the format of cases or lessons learned which facilitate discussions by covering the following research topics and questions in these areas:
- How the meeting emerged and evolved. What academy and industry expect from each other?
- How can the academy help the industry improve its value-chain?
- How can the industry help the academy to achieve scientific results?
- Which benefits do academies and industry have when they meet?
- Which difficulties and challenges do the academy and industry face when they meet?
- How do vendors approach and how they benefit from the academy? What academy expects from vendors?
- How to minimize gaps existent between industry and academy, so that they are able to communicate and collaborate effectively?
- How do legal constraints hamper the meeting between industry and academy?
- How to motivate the industry to open its data repositories to researchers?
- How can the academy and industry cooperate to help society to apply information systems?
We particularly encourage joint papers with authors from the academy and industry. Papers from individual players (i.e. industry or academia), which address the solutions for other parties are also welcome. In particular, papers presenting case studies, literature reviews and empirical studies emphasizing their contribution to academia or industry are very welcome. We assume this can promote very interesting papers where both sides will learn and benefit from each other.
Important dates (tentative):
- Workshop papers submission deadline: March 13, 2021
- Workshop papers notification deadline: April 5, 2021
- Workshop camera-ready papers deadline: April 12, 2021
Organizers / Chairs
Prof. Dr. Lucineia Heloisa Thom (Chair)
Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul
Porto Alegre, Brazil
Prof. Dr. Encarna Sosa (Chair)
Universidad de Extremadura
Prof. Dr. Gregor Polančič (Chair)
University of Maribor
Please check news and the complete submission guidelines on the AMISE Website.